Russian Poker Steamer Passes Away At 26 From Freak Bathtub Accident
A Russian online poker player passed away a week after being electrocuted in her bathtub.
Lilya Novikova, who streamed her online poker sessions Twitch below the display name “Liay5,” was discovered dead in her bath in her Moscow apartment.
According to reports by the BBC, Novikova accidentally electrocuted herself while utilizing her own hair dryer in the tub. Russia’s Investigative Committee advised the British press outlet that each of the reports indicate that the death was unintentional.
Novikova’s body has been discovered by an old neighbor. According to sources, the neighbor is a longtime friend of the household using a key to your flat.
Four decades ago, at only 22 years old, Novikova was a PokerStars Team Online Pro, also attained Supernova status together with the site.
Novikova’s live tournament earnings are only shy of $88,000 however she was a dominant member of the online championship world. Her twitch station had 24,626 followers in the time of her departure.
“Incredibly sad to hear Liay ‘liay5’ Novikova passed away due to a home accident,” tweeted fellow Twitch Streamer and high-stakes poker ace Lex Veldhuis. “She had such a good influence on the poker/twitch community through her hard work and efforts. I’ve always admired all the many different things she did. What a tragic loss, and so young. RIP. “
Tags: Lilya Novikova, Russia, Online Poker, Twitch Poker